keskiviikkona, elokuuta 31

Where is the wannabe bb?

"She says she wants to be a bodybuilder, but doesn`t say a word about bodybuilding!" I made up that line all by myself, but it`s true. Oh, soooo true! But hey, listen to me, there`s a reason for that. I mean many reasons, which I`m not going to go all through here. The main reason why I`m not talking that much about bb is, that it was supposed to be a year of the body for me, but it hasn`t been. Finally I was supposed to dedicate my life for bb this year (even got IFBB bb Pauliina Talus to coach me), but I haven`t. I was supposed to make my dreams come true, but they haven`t. Why?! Because that`s the way life is sometimes; it doesn`t always go the way you want it to go. I have had some health issues, which have forced me to take it easy and even not to train at all! In the beginning of the year, when I was just starting my project, I had some kind of rupture or a cramp on my right middle body area. I couldn`t train at all for five weeks. Okay, then I started slowly again and was in "okay" -shape in the beginning of the summer. I trained hard with OT-max method and lifted heaviest weights ever! OT-max is really the method to workout for me! And it was going so well, that I just kept pushing and pushing, and skipped the recuperation week and trained at least two full cycles straight one after another. Couple of months ago workouts didn`t go that well. I had strange pain first in my right pec and then also on the right side of my upper back and shoulder. It all started a bit by bit and I wasn`t that worried. But it got worse and I couldn`t even work anymore, because of the pain in my mouse hand. I had to go to the doctor. And then to another and another, and no-one really seemed to know what was wrong with me. Only with strong painkillers the pain was gone and I was able to move my arm normally, but when I finished the pills the pain was back. Okay, I`ve suffered of pain now app. eight weeks and haven`t trained really at all for last three or four weeks. I`ve been able to jog though and have kept myself in shape with jogging, but everyone knows that jogging ain`t weightlifting! I`m pretty frustrated... Working out at the gym has been (is?) a lifestyle for me over fifteen years now and it`s so hard to give it up even for a short time; it means a change of a lifestyle! Temporarily yes, but anyway. I`m so disappointed at the year 2005... There has been so many negative things in my life, not only health problems, but also problems at work and in relationships and in other personal stuff. I think worst thing has been my great expectations, which hasn`t been fulfilled in anyway. Yesterday I got a permission from my OMT -therapist to start training with weights again. According to him the problem has been my overloaded nervous system in the area I described earlier. Now all possible infections has been treated with medication and the overloaded area has had a chance to rest. Pain is not gone and it won`t be until the rehabilitation phase will be over (training with certain movements to make the deeper stabilazing muscles stronger). I just need to go on, do my part and hope for the best... So, there won`t be much talking about bodybuilding in my blog until the problem will be fixed and I`ll be able to start making plans for my future as a wanna-be bb again! :)